How to dress dudes
Not so long ago, the movie ” Hipsters ” came out on screens, which allowed today’s young people to plunge into the atmosphere of the 50-60s. The popularity of the former once widespread and forbidden style today is such that it has become fashionable to organize theme parties, reviving the image of the style in dress and behavior.
How did the dudes appear
At that time, Western fashion trends began to seep into the Soviet Union. Soviet youth were shocked by the looseness of the West and quickly picked up ideas. This concerned not only freedom of speech, but also freedom of dress.
Particularly relevant are the news coming from the United States. Each film was watched several times, and the clothes of the characters were carefully copied. Do not think that the emergence of a new subculture has gone unnoticed. The right-minded representatives of the youth condemned the stylyag, expelled them from the Komsomol, and expelled them from the walls of higher institutions. Parents closely watched how their offsprings dress.
Nevertheless, the style that challenges monotonous weekdays, did not reduce the popularity. . In most cases, dandies openly wore rather ridiculous costumes, used words like ” dude ” and “chucha.” In this they found an outlet that allows at least somehow to show individuality.
If the direction initially spread among the representatives of the “golden youth”, having more opportunities to get acquainted with the Western culture, gradually less intelligent and educated people began to join the ranks of the style. This led to a gradual loss of protest significance by the style.
Mass ruined style. Soon the Soviet industry began to produce in limited form the assortment, vaguely reminiscent of the wardrobe items used by the stylists.
9 signs of how the dudes dressed
The youth style was so bright that it was not difficult to recognize it.
Against the background of light summer dresses and modest shirts of strict style, the style of dressing the dude could easily pass for parrot:
- Elected youth representatives promoted joy and life satisfaction. Not surprisingly, in the style of dress they used a real riot of colors. At the same time, different colors could sharply contrast and cut the eyes. The combination of three or more colors was considered normal and disharmony did not cause any constraint at all;
- Fabrics with a pattern were widely used. Especially popular were prints in the form of strips, large peas, cells. Since it was not recommended to dress in the style of style, the picture was truly flashy at times. For example, a black dress in white peas with a protruding bright scarlet petticoat. Men could easily dress up in a rich yellow jacket with a green cage from which the collar of a pink shirt was peeking out;
- ». The style of how men dressed men, as a rule, included narrow pants, popularly called “ pipes ”. Women’s dresses were more diverse – skirts and dresses with crinolines, petticoats, the length of which sometimes barely covered the knees. At the same time, bodycon dresses and belts of contrasting colors became fashionable;
- For dudes it was important to have elegant shoes. Men preferred ” semolina ” – shoes with rubber soles and laces in a contrasting color, with a neatly rounded toe. Women’s sandals were surely a bright palette with a small heel;
- One of the most deprecated elements of the wardrobe – stockings with a seam located behind. It was incredibly difficult to get such a detail. Therefore, women of those times, going to a party, often drew a seam on their feet, and then put on simple stockings. By the way, this was a kind of advantage. The seam was not twisted when moving, and one could not be afraid that during the dance the symmetry would be broken;
- Any clothes must be supplemented with accessories. Girls decorated themselves with bright multi-colored costume jewelry. In the fashion were large beads from round beads of the same color and size. The most suitable accessory for men was a herring tie with a screaming tone with a pattern;
- It is impossible to imagine how the dudes of the girl dressed and looked, if you miss such a detail as a hairstyle. Highly raised curls, a ribbon of a contrasting color, or hair, neatly arranged with a “ crown of the world ” with smooth chelochk, elegantly complemented the overall image. »; A strong and no less stylish floor wore a “ cook ”;
- A hat is an indispensable attribute of that time. Depending on the sex, the styli paid homage to straw, felt, and velor hats, which could be one-colored or embroidered with color patterns;
- The unsurpassed art of catchy, but not vulgar, make-up, distinguished female fashionistas at that time. Thick black eyeliner, a thin layer of mascara visible from a distance and pink or red lipstick for a long time became the standard.
Dressing up in the latest fashion has become increasingly prestigious. Therefore, over time, the individual elements of the image became quite familiar and did not cause a sharp denial.
In addition, in the Soviet Union it became easier to breathe. Stylish young people were growing up, and their children found new idols to follow and gradually forgot how their dudes dressed.
Signs of this style are considered relevant today. Using the description of how the dudes were dressed for the party, it will be easy for today’s young people to copy the image. And if you have doubts about the correctness of the chosen wardrobe, you can always consult with your grandparents. Surely, at least one of them was a real dude.